Moritz Grundel is a peruvian Industrial Designer settled in Italy since 2011. He has 8+ Years professional experience in a wide range of products within diverse categories, from small scale handcrafted objects to established global companies in the areas of Furniture,Consumer Electronics and Packaging.
His multicultural background in conjunction with Italian's design approach and European high-tech development give him a particular point of view where emotion and function takes form through technical language, with the objective to fulfill the gap between human and his surroundings, using user-centered design approaches to create a real value adding as well business value.
After a Bachelor of Arts in Industrial Design + M.Sc in Product Design,and a continuous labor always related to Industry & handcraft, his skills and creative thinking together with a highly driven personality, led him to begin a collaboration with arq. Antonio Citterio since 2013.
From 2016 he began also to collaborate together with others studios as an independent consultant.
Furniture Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Strategy Design, Art direction, Design thinking,Product Brand Language Identity, Colour- Material-Finish Selection, Presentations + Communication
Adress: Piazza Petazzi 30, Milano. Italy
Senior Industrial Designer
2013 october - now
Antonio Citterio Design
Italian studio dedicated to lighting, household items, furniture, etc.
Main responsible for concepts creation for Industrial design development.Worked researching , exploring and defining design projects collaboratively and as a consultant for architect A.Citterio.
- Main Clients we worked for : VItra, Kartell, B&B Italia, Maxalto, Flexform, Flos, Arclinea, Hansgrohe, Technogym, T.V.S. spa., amog others.
- Research and Analysis of trends and opportunities focused on client’s products
- Concept creation, design and development of new products.
- Lead and manage multiple clients projects
Senior Industrial Designer Consultant
Metrica Design & Advisory (https://metrica-milano.com/)
italian studio dedicated furniture design.
Responsible for concepts and products development.
Art director Assistant
In collaboration with Arq. Terry Dwan for RIVA 1920
Company dedicated to furniture.
My work have been consisting in branding and refreshing Riva 1920 Brand, consolidating his image, strengthening their weaknesses and defining a “soul” so we know where we are now, where we need to go and how we will arrive. More clear the message is , easier to communicate / designing and understanding the brand will be.
- Research and comparative Analysis of trends and opportunities focused on client’s competitors vs client’s products
- Moodboard & Concept creation focusing on the brand and the next collection.
Product Design Consultant
Red Rooster (Lima, Peru)
Peruvian Agency dedicated in Branding consultancy, product creation and integrated communications.
Was responsible for a design team in creating a new brand Identity for a handmade chocolate,fair trade, made by Peruvian’s artisans of Pangoa, Peru.
Industrial Designer/Interaction Designer
2012 September - dicember
Habit(s) Studio (http://www.habits.it/ )
italian studio dedicated to appliances, lighting, household items, furniture, etc.
Responsible for concepts and products development. Took part in the creation of BRIO blender design, among others products.
2009 - 2011
Letrecorp ( http://www.letrecorp.com/ )
Letrecorp is dedicated to the development and design of urban furniture, retail display and signage
Developed projects from urban design ( public spaces to stop bus), retail design to interior design. The daily project includes display design, light boxes, and signage . My last work was the complete implementation of all the signage for the first metropolitan Bus Rapid Transit in Lima City called "Metropolitano".
Freelance Industrial Designer
Aug 2008 - Jan 2009
Company that offers fiberglass manufacturing.
Was involved in the design development of motorcycle custom parts. We also did packaging and displays.
Industrial Designer Intern
2008 January - July 2008
Alicorp S.A. ( http://www.alicorp.com.pe/espanol/home.html)
Alicorp is a company dedicated to creating products for mass consumption.
Design Assistant. Packaging development.
* Partcipant in the workshop “social responsable design” dictated by Sigga Heimis in Boisbuchet, Vitra Design Museum // France July 2012.
* Participant in the International Seminar in Business Design and Strategic Management of Design, Institute of San Ignacio de Loyola // Lima Perú April 2008.
* Participant in the Latin American Congress of Design at the University of Palermo (UP) // Buenos Aires, July-August 2007.
* Participant in the anual exibition CASACOR 2005,Exterior Design // Lima Perú, September 2005.
* Participant in the annual exhibition of the art faculty of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú // Lima Perú, 2002-2003-2004-2005-2006-2007
Scuola Politecnica di Design (SPD) in collaboration with IULM - Master Industrial Design
Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Perú (PUCP) - Bachelor in arts, specialized in Industrial design
Colegio nuestra Señora del Carmen
Alexander Von Humbold Schule